What we do
CPAWS Northern Alberta has championed the protection of Albertaâ€™s diverse natural heritage since our establishment in 1968 as the first regional chapter of the Canadian Parks and Wilderness Society. CPAWS is Canadaâ€™s pre-eminent, non-profit wilderness protection organization. Together, we are working to keep at least half of Canadaâ€™s public land and water wild â€“ forever. Click on an issue to learn more.
- 16.09.15 Broad-based group of Canadians demands a stop to commercialization of Canadaâ€™s national parks.
- 10.09.15 New report highlights major commercial development threat to Canadaâ€™s national parks
- 12.07.15 Protecting Canada - is it in our nature? CPAWS Releases 2015 Parks Report
- 09.03.15 CPAWS Condemns Government Auction of Mountain Caribou Habitat
- 18.12.14 Site C dam will put communities, wildlife, and world heritage site at risk