What we do
CPAWS Northern Alberta has championed the protection of Albertaâ€™s diverse natural heritage since our establishment in 1968 as the first regional chapter of the Canadian Parks and Wilderness Society. CPAWS is Canadaâ€™s pre-eminent, non-profit wilderness protection organization. Together, we are working to keep at least half of Canadaâ€™s public land and water wild â€“ forever. Click on an issue to learn more.
- 09.03.15 CPAWS Condemns Government Auction of Mountain Caribou Habitat
- 18.12.14 Site C dam will put communities, wildlife, and world heritage site at risk
- 15.12.14 CPAWS Releases 2nd Annual Caribou Report
- 09.12.14 Mikisew Cree Petition to Place Wood Buffalo National Park on List of World Heritage Sites in Danger
- 07.11.14 CPAWS Calls for Wall to be Permanently Removed at Glacier Skywalk