What we do
CPAWS Northern Alberta has championed the protection of Alberta’s diverse natural heritage since our establishment in 1968 as the first regional chapter of the Canadian Parks and Wilderness Society. CPAWS is Canada’s pre-eminent, non-profit wilderness protection organization. Together, we are working to keep at least half of Canada’s public land and water wild – forever. Click on an issue to learn more.
- 06.01.17 CPAWS Responds to Parks Canada’s Announcement of Public Consultation on the Proposed Icefields Trail
- 23.12.16 CPAWS Celebrates the Announcement of a Coordinated Path Forward for New Protected Areas
- 21.12.16 Canada’s Boreal Woodland Caribou at Continued Risk
- 06.12.16 Over 18,000 Albertans Call for Habitat Conservation for Caribou
- 29.06.16 Y2Y Has High Expectations Ahead of North Saskatchewan RAC Advice