What we do
CPAWS Northern Alberta has championed the protection of Alberta’s diverse natural heritage since our establishment in 1968 as the first regional chapter of the Canadian Parks and Wilderness Society. CPAWS is Canada’s pre-eminent, non-profit wilderness protection organization. Together, we are working to keep at least half of Canada’s public land and water wild – forever. Click on an issue to learn more.
- 07.06.17 UNESCO calls urgently on Canada to protect Wood Buffalo National Park.
- 16.03.17 CPAWS Welcomes Continued Investments in Parks in Alberta Budget 2017
- 10.03.17 United Nations Report Concludes Canada is Failing to Protect Wood Buffalo National Park
- 21.02.17 Canadian Environment Ministers Must Protect Caribou Habitat
- 06.02.17 CPAWS Celebrates Historic Return of Bison to Banff National Park