What we do
CPAWS Northern Alberta has championed the protection of Alberta’s diverse natural heritage since our establishment in 1968 as the first regional chapter of the Canadian Parks and Wilderness Society. CPAWS is Canada’s pre-eminent, non-profit wilderness protection organization. Together, we are working to keep at least half of Canada’s public land and water wild – forever. Click on an issue to learn more.
- 10.02.16 Federal Court Decision on Maligne Lake Legal Challenge
- 14.12.15 Canada’s Boreal Woodland Caribou Still At Risk
- 27.10.15 CPAWS in Court to Defend Jasper National Park from Inappropriate Development
- 16.09.15 Broad-based group of Canadians demands a stop to commercialization of Canada’s national parks.
- 10.09.15 New report highlights major commercial development threat to Canada’s national parks